Botox® Cosmetic is a simple physician administered treatment which involves the injection of purified protein into specific areas to temporarily smooth lines, wrinkles and furrows caused by excessive facial movements. Botox Cosmetic is the most popular aesthetic treatment in the world today with over 4 million procedures done last year alone. This is the only treatment of its kind that is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
When administering Botox Tustin, Dr. Khan evaluates patterns of facial muscle movement and looks for moderate to severe facial lines caused by the action of these muscles. The location, size and action of the muscles that create these “dynamic lines” vary among different individuals. Dr. Khan will mark these locations and administer several tiny injections of Botox directly into the muscles that cause these dynamic lines. The objective is to create a youthful and more relaxed appearance and NOT a “frozen” or “expressionless” look.
Each area requires a different number of units of Botox as determined by Dr. Khan.
Areas that can be treated include but not limited to:
- Botox Glabella/frown lines (area between the brows)
- Botox Horizontal forehead lines
- Botox Bunny lines (wrinkles on top of your nose)
- Botox Crow’s feet
- Botox Chin
- Botox Jaw reduction or Jaw line narrowing
- Botox Brow lift (Botox can be injected above the outer area of the brow to create a lifting effect)
- Botox Sweat reduction for armpits (underarms) and hands or hyperhidrosis